We are looking for a Business Assistant to join our team and assist the Society in fulfilling its numerous mandates in growing the sport of cross-country skiing sport in Alberta, including management of the National Training Centre as operated by the Alpine Insurance Alberta World Cup Academy (the “Academy”). The Business Assistant with guidance from the Director, Marketing, Communications and Business Development will be required to interact with athletes, coaches and board members of the organization to complete the different tasks to help us run the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Director, Marketing, Communications and Business Development to ensure the smooth running of the Academy and upcoming major events of the Society.
- Support in the promotion and recruitment of athletes for the Academy.
- Support relating to contract management with athletes.
- Undertake projects on a regular basis, including event planning (e.g. Online fundraiser, Spring dinner).
- Perform certain accounting and general administration duties (e.g. allocation of camp and event costs, invoicing of athletes, accounts receivable computations and collections, bank deposits, travel records,..)
- Support athletes with fundraising opportunities.
- Fulfilment of deliverables relating to sponsors, supporters and members of the Academy Club.
- Keep various communications current – Website, social media, newsletter.
- Support coaches in organizing travel arrangements (e.g. accommodations) for team trips (camps and competitions).
- Sourcing of summer and winter clothing for athletes.
- Organizing team picture and marketing materials for the Academy.
Approximately 75% of the work relates to the operation of the Academy. The balance of the work will pertain to the Society.
The position will be paid on an hourly basis and is expected to be based in the Bow Valley (Canmore, Banff). Interested candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is October 8, 2021.